fast blinker?

Hey all,

Last night the right blinker on my '98 TJ starting blinking in some kind of turbo speed. I know this usually means you have a light burned out.

I checked all bulbs on the right site and they're all good, what do I do next?

Thanks!

Tim

Reply to
DiezMon

Relay? Loose connection?

Bill

Reply to
ElAlumbrado

DiezMon did pass the time by typing:

Did you check the bulb connection?

DougW

DiezMon ( snipped-for-privacy@notarealaddress.com) wrote on Thursday 14 April 2005 10:47 am:

WD-40 in each turn signal light socket fixed it for me.

Reply to
Michael White

Maybe you need to do a blinker fluid change?

:-)

DiezM> Hey all,

Reply to
FrankW

Michael White wrote in news:o8H7e.6658$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

WD-40 can dissolve certains types of plastic tho. You'd probably be better off using an electrical contact cleaner.

I'm a telephone man and I can tell you that to use WD-40 on a phone is to condemn it to a slow death.

rufus

Reply to
rufus t

LOL! Man you want to see what it does to network cables, the clear plastic plugs went jelly a short while after my son cleaned up the hub.

I do not believe it will harm any plastics I have seen in vehicles though and it is a good cleaner for plugs and sockets. I think I have seen it sprayed on most every part at one time or another....

Mike

Mike Romain

Ah ha, for anyone who cares...

The contacts on the front socket were a little corroded... I cleaned them off using an xacto knife and all is well.

Tim

Reply to
DiezMon

Yup, we are interested, thanks for the follow up!

You can get 'spark plug boot protector' or other types of dielectric grease to use in those places to help slow down more corrosion.

Mike

DiezM>

Reply to
Mike Romain

You should consider stopping at your local discount parts retailer and buying a tube of silicone "bulb grease". Squirt some on the lamp base before you put it back in and 1) you'll never have to brighten the contact with a knife again and 2) when the bulb burns out you'll be able to extract it in one piece.

Thanks for gett> Ah ha, for anyone who cares...

Reply to
Lee Ayrton