Blinker Problem

I have a 03 Grand am with approximately 40 k on it. Recently the blinker "signal" or device that makes the clicking noise activates even when I am not using my blinkers. The clicking is sometimes fast and sometimes slow, and does not change frequency based on speed or engine rpm. Was wondering if this can be replaced or disabled. Thank you for any info you can provide, this noise is very annoying.

Fred

Reply to
fclaugus

do the blinkers actually flash when this happens? if not it could be a bad relay which has nothing to do with your signal lights

Reply to
M.C. Tee

The lights do not flash when this happens. Where can I find this relay?

Fred

Reply to
fclaugus

replace the flasher. Turn the blinker on a follow the sound. You might find it,s location in manual. My Olds was under the dash near steering wheel.

Reply to
tj

Sounds like the Hazard Warning Switch is shot. There was an extended Warranty Extension for model 2000 until year 2004. I don't know if 2003 models are covered. Test by pulling the hazard fuse.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul