Few questionS to all. (LONG)

First of all thanks to everyone sharing their experience or opinion

About two week ago I put my 96 GC for sale. Not that I have problem with it or that I don't like it

But it's almost paid and it's part of my company expense. The company was able to afford

A new Jeep in is expense but I got so ridiculous offer for my GC that I have decided to keep it.

Here are a few mechanical? And also upgrade opinion are needed !?

Recently I have notice my oil gauge sometime giving lower reading and sometime normal...

it usually idle a bit lower than half , But I saw it going 4-5 Needle size less recently....

Oil level ok and oil dipstick insert properly

Is this a ghost jeep thing?

This situation makes me wondering if I should invest on a oil pump replacement

GC is at 281,000 KM

I am shortly going to get some maintenance done.

Fix AC Leak (take all summer to evaporate)

Serpentine belt replacement

Oil change ( I use synthetic ) air filter. Sparkplug, ECT...

Tranny oil 30,000 KM still bloody Red

Greasing around including the FAMOUS Front u Joint

Anything else to include? Water pump and rad are about 1 year old... and this winter new CPS....

What is the maintenance for diff and transfer case?

Also 2 years ago I had the brake self-adjustment kit replace in the back because the hand brake cable always had to be readjust

My mechanics re-adjust them recently but told me I need a new kit again!! Is this regular stuff on GC?

I also been looking around for performance chips available on the market one of them is made by Jet

Am I looking for trouble with engine reading 281,000 KM? Does anyone have personal experience with this company?

Ebay is selling 9,00 $ Chips.... I need a reliable GC not a burn computer... I would not trust the el cheapo....

I have chips vehicles in the past and had good experience....

This is it for maintenance and mechanical parts....

Now since I'm keeping the jeep and looking to put some expense on it

I'm looking forward lifting the Jeep a Bit (3 " to 4 " MAX) Mainly city, and sometime local skidoo trails...

I need to replace the front track bar,

I have replace the 4 corner strut in Oct 2004 (nothing fancy) Gas strut

Is their any budget lift with no sacrifice? Something that would avoid shock replacement

And that I could just replace the track bar with OEM?

I don't like cheap stuff and always unsatisfied after buying cheapo so I prefer to do the work once.... and pay once...

Sometime spending 100 to 200 $ is the difference between cheap and good.

Their is too many products advertise one the market, with little mention saying you will need this or that or this is not included.

I'm looking for a complete kit with no surprise....

I'm going to go for 31 " to raise the jeep for ground clearance. I want to keep my Laredo 15 " wheel

Will I be able to or going to need replacement?

Tire are not an issue for me, I need basic SUV tire for summer and use Winter tire for the cold Quebec Winter seasons.

And also I do 4 wheels alignment at every tire change

I'm also thinking about relocating the spare on the roof, I really like the style!!

Is it really noisy?

Thanks again for reading all this and if you been able to provided answer be assured that it will be consider

Pat

Reply to
Patrick

Ask each question in a separate post - you'll get more replies.

Change out the oil in the diffs any time the hubs go under water or wet mud.

Salt eats self-adjuster cables on any vehicle with drums.

ZJ budget boost uses 2" coil spacers and extensions for your bump stops. Without getting longer control arms, your caster will suffer a bit, but probably not enough to bother you.

All spacer lifts are essentially the same.

You will clear 30" tires no problem, maybe even 31", perhaps with some very minor trimming beneath your fenders. A spacer lift is likely all you need for a bit of trail riding. If your really want to do it right, consider this:

Yes, you can keep your wheels, but your turning radius will increase a bit because you'll need to adjust your steening stops to prevent the tires from rubbing the lower control arms:

Remember too that you will lose power with bigger tires. Increasing your differntial gears ratio will return it, but that can be expensive.

BF Goodrich AT/KO is great for snow, pavement, trails:

Not really noisy, but hard on gas on the highway.

Steve

Steve

I just bought a 93 ZJ , when the wifey gives me another chance to drive it I'm sure I'll love it. lol

This could be the pressure sending unit acting up or could be a dirty connection, I had this happen on my XJ for almost a year, then one day it decided to work properly again. I still haven't changed it.

I wouldn't bother yet, If the oil pressure is really dropping you'll see you engine temp increase.

THATS ALL???? my 4.0 in the XJ is ready to roll past 400,000 KM's other then a water pump, CPS, valve cover gasket and the O2 sensor no other non routine items have been replaced (routine items - air filter, plugs, wires and belts etc...)

Those are a bastard... the u joints on the XJ need replacing again....

As Steve said, anytime you do water crossings, I change mine out at least once per year.

Well you live in the salt use capitol of Canada, I replace my adjusters every time I change the brakes

I wouldn't bother nor would I waste the money.

I know a number of people with chipped stangs and such, maybe a performance vehicle they make a difference.

You can buy aftermarket or factory, IIRC the factory bar is about $60- $80.

No you want a basic summer tires and snow tires for your jeep, not SUVEE tires :)

Nope, I have been swapping summer for snows the past 8 years with ni issues.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow