four wheel drive parts .com?

I have had good dealings with them, my last purchase was 3 months ago. Saturday, my bank account was tapped by them for $180, and I had placed no order. This morning's conversation with a flunky was fruitless, he can't find out anything and I don't appear to have an order pending , so later today, when his manager shows up we will have a discussion.

If you have dealt with them by credit card, check your statements, they may have been hacked.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Well THAT sucks. You'll get it resolved, but you may want to (prolly already have) notify your financial institution.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Update. The mgr says the computer glitched, and re-charged my last purchase from Sept, and they already made a refund, (while I was on hold) but my bank won't show it for a few days. Darned if I know why the price isn't the same. Great. I asked him why i would want to do business with them in the future, so he gave me a $50 credit and is sending some kind of gift. Works for me. I did save a ton of money last year buying a set of four 35 inch mud terrains for $400 delivered from them. Keep an eye on those bank statements!

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I never let any Internet-related company have my bank account number. Credit cards sure, but it is a whole lot easier to contest or cancel a credit card transaction.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

It was a Visa atm/debit, I use it for non-essential stuff, so I don't spend money i don't have. I could have cancelled it that way, and think i will use the credit card in the future.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I would definitely use a credit card in the future. I had a friend that had some fraud on their debit card account and they had all kinds of problems. The bank basically came out and told them that if the fraud would have happened on a credit card it would have been a lot easier for her to deal with.

She had to cancel the account to stop the fraud, but then could not have the stores credit her account. Apparently the account works differently than a charge account. She had to request that they send the refunds back in the form of checks and she had a heck of a time getting money out of some of them.

NT

Reply to
Nat Man

My wife phoned me about 6 months ago at work and asked if I ordered $1600.00 worth of stuff from Istanbull, needless to say I hadn't, so that card got canceled, it was the credit card company that phoned and asked her if we had.

Reply to
Greg

With a credit card, you call the credit card company, tell them which charges are fraudulent, and they send you an affidavit to sign. That is the last you ever hear of it.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I got my money refunded back to my bank, and the $50 store credit shows up, I wonder what the "gift" they sent was?. I am changing my card next.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I had a talk with the girl at the bank a few years back when I started using a Debit Card. Her explanation was it was equivalent to writing a check. You do NOT have any of the protections in law or practice that you have when using a Credit Card.

On another note...

Many of the Credit Card companies now have provisions to create a 'one time' credit card number for such purchases. You set it up in advance with a set credit limit

Reply to
Billy Ray

Guys, I have seen ads on TV lately about the Visa check cards, I googled and this is what I found.

I think that it is a misconception that the user of a check card is unprotected.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Debit Card Purchases do not require signatures (or proof of ID for that matter) The protection mentioned below is Visa policy, not set in law. See below:

" Protections: The Visa check card offers consumers greater security protections at the checkout line than cash and checks. Visa offers cardholders Zero Liability in cases of card fraud, theft or unauthorized card purchases when used in signature-based transactions. Additionally, when cardholders sign for their purchases they are afforded dispute resolution protection in case there is something wrong with their purchase - something cash or checks can?t offer. Moreover, Visa?s sophisticated neural networks use artificial intelligence to detect and report fraudulent spending patterns in real time to keep fraud to an all-time low.

Reply to
Billy Ray