Four Wheel Parts charges

I, yesterday, ordered some shims to adjust my pinion angle to hopefully rid myself of this driveshaft vibration. When I talked to the sales guy on the phone he told me the price would be 11.00 plus tax. When I got there today it was something like 18.00 total.

Here's the break down.

10.99 for the shims 2.00 for a delivery fee (a local parts truck delivered the part to them) 3.50 for a Fuel Service Fee? (can't remember the term now but it's to cover the fuel the truck used to deliver the part)

Sheesh. What the He77 is this?

So I protested the additional charges and so the sales guy took them off. So I asked the guy, is this an Optional fee or what? He said it helps them out so I guess they do this for every transaction and if you don't protest you will pay.

In addition, when you make an order over the phone, they put half the sales charge on your credit card. Then when you get to the store they charge the remaining fee to your credit card so you get two receipts for one transaction (I had this happen on another purchase).

This time I requested not to use my credit card to secure an order and they agreed. Probably because of the small cost of the part.

Anyway, just wanted to let anyone else who might be doing business with them know. Might help in their purchase.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Richard Harris

Irvine.

It's happened to me more than once.

Four Wheel Parts Performance

8797 Irvine Center Dr # L, Irvine, CA 92618 Phone: (949) 788-0090

I would like to hear his response.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

A little OT from this, but about a month ago I went to AutoZone to get 3 sets of small block Chevy water pump gaskets (usually about $1.20 per set) for a stock car I work on. We need 3 sets because there is an engine plate and a set of spacers sandwiched between the block and the pump. Anyway, it was a Sunday afternoon when I stopped there to check if they had gaskets. Checker was the only other place open. AutoZone did not have any gaskets that weren't in water pump boxes. The guy said he couldn't pull the gaskets and replace them later, but then said he could get them delivered from another store that was about 50 miles away. I would have them Monday morning. I said to the guy that I could just get them at NAPA in the morning, but he insisted on looking up the shipping cost. All of a sudden he says "holy shit!", so I said what's up? Then he proceeded to tell me that those gaskets would cost $36 to ship! Just remember to ask about these charges so you don't get stuck paying some ridiculous amount.

Chris

Richard Harris

I bought my 35 inch MTs from them, no complaints. I got them on a "buy 3 get one free" sale, with free shipping. It was a damn good deal. Your experience suprises me With fuel costs going up, I guess it has to be paid by the end user, but I would like to be billed accordingly, not a hidden cost.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Maybe I need to try a different location. They certainly are not winning over my business with these antics.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Wake up Billy, we're already suffering through a Repuplican administration. Besides, what does a fuel surcharge have to do with taxes?

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Hmmm that's funny since W has been in office my taxes have gone down....not to mention the money I got in the mail from the Prez. It's the Democrats who love to tax and create "public" programs to support the lazy.

administration.

Reply to
Richard Harris

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

My tax cut covers my payment on my new Pilot:

1.5 > The Democrats are in such denial, I bet they truly can't remember
Reply to
Jim85CJ

Tax releif day this year (the day that if you gave 100% to the gov then took your share) was April 1, that is the earliest it has been in 10 years. Compare that to late April in the Clinton years.

Jeremy

down....not

Reply to
Jeremy Hupe