Fried has Rubi recovered

I posted several weeks ago of this Rubi being stolen.

Recovered, stripped, but not too bad:

And no, those are not the original tires/wheels!

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

Stripped?! Damn, they sure didn't know what they were doing then. I see alot of things I could have used! Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Reply to
David C. Moller

Is that a doughnut under the left rear tire? Cops leave it there?

Reply to
James

Yes, they took the Thermometric winch, and broke the steering column (and not sure what else, have not gotten all details). The wheels/tires were a big loss... special made billet aluminum wheels w / 37" SSR's

JimG

Reply to
JimG

They should do to car thieves what they did to horse thieves, hang 'em high! No needle, just a rope and a drop.

Reply to
Eugene D'Jeep

That would appear to be a standard police issue glazed doughnut..... rookie cops... geesh.

-Brian

: > Recovered, stripped, but not too bad: : >

: >

: > And no, those are not the original tires/wheels! : : Is that a doughnut under the left rear tire? Cops leave it there? : :

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Had to be a rookie. Real cops don't leave donuts laying on the ground for long. (I speak from experience and years of training)

Reply to
Dan Ferrell

No drop, just pull 'em up.

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Looks like the thieves swapped IN some heinious headlight, turnsignal and sidemarker "protectors" as well.

Reply to
bob ackley