FS-Factory Service Manual+97TJ

Just listed on ebay___Factory Manual, Service Manual Supplement and the

1997Accessories dealers facts Book. Lost my screwdriver so don't need these! Thanks for looking. CHJ
Reply to
chuck

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
chuck

Hi Bill:

Where in the charter does it say that "for auction" posts auctions are not permitted?

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
F. J. Townsend, III

So you aren't selling anything???

Why lie?

If it is 'for auction' say so, don't lie to get people to open your post, it makes me for one wonder what else you are lying about. Are the books all water damaged or something?

Mike

chuck wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I think yall are a little harsh its not like he is trying to scam anyone... a lot of people dont know the difference between auction & for sale-- in their opinion it is just "selling the item"

Reply to
J. Sprauer

J. Sprauer did pass the time by typing:

And from what I understand, personal sales are allowed. Auction or not is moot. No more different than putting it up for bids on the newsgroup.

Reply to
DougW

The number of times the false advertisement turns into a false representation of what is being 'auctioned' is way too high unfortunately. Half the time they are just fishing for suckers with an absurd reserve.

If they start off the process with a lie, then......

I see it way too many times. Like the guy selling a 'Trac Loc' or is it just a cardboard 'locker box'. There ain't no locker in the box according to responders here in the group, but hey unless you know what you are looking at, you will be suckered.

I guess I could go to ebay and see if he is indeed just fishing for suckers with his false advertisment, but if he is legit, I am sure I will hear about this post from him eh.....

;-)

Mike

"J. Sprauer" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

If he is a person with a private sale or 'auction', the Charter says it's ok.

An auction is not a 'sale', it can lead to a sale 'maybe', but not with an absurd reserve on it which turns it into a 'sucker hunt'. Or: 'lets see if I can find any suckers that will give me more than fifty bucks for my old book' idea. No suckers this week? ok, no 'sale'.

Sales from Commercial entities aren't allowed. EBay is a strange area, but technically 'ebay' isn't the seller I guess.....

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

Yea.. I sorta see ebay as putting your stuff in someone elses garage sale. That being said I never buy from ebay. The reputation for hosting scams is too high.

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
chuck

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
chuck

What version of Adobe are you running there Bill?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III