Fuel Gauge

I just installed a new sending unit on my MC7. it has the factory 15 gal tank. I have an Autometer gauge that worked with the old unit, and it worked with the new unit before I re-installed the gas tank. After all the bolts and hoses were reconnected, I checked the gauge again and it pegs out way past FULL. I checked ground and splices and all are good. I can disconnect the feed wire and it will fall to empty. Any ideas, without dropping the tank again?

Reply to
HomeBrewer

The gauge will peg on full if there is a short to the ground.

Reply to
billy ray

Meaning the sending wire is touching ground somewhere?

Reply to
HomeBrewer

I just noticed this: -it's a CJ7

Keyboard has too much coffee in it.