Fuel Gauge sending unit, do I have to drop the tank to access?

I have an erratic fuel gauge in my TJ 91. It will read from 3/4 to full when there is should be approximately 1/2 tank. I see some trouble shooting techniques online which I will try. Any suggestions here would be appreciated. But lets say it is not the gauge or the wiring, will I have to drop the tank to replace the sending unit? Is it a pain in the ass to do? I will order a service manual but I'm curious about what I have to do.

Byr

Reply to
byrsc

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III