fuel guage dancin???

My fuel guage started moving back and forth, sometimes sitting on empty, sometimes sitting @ full.///moves a lot when i turn sharply left.......

This is a 2004 liberty sport, driven in cold climate (Northern Ontario). The service guy says put in a high concentration of gas line antifreeze and fill up with Petro Can winter gas.....did that...no help...suggestions?

Reply to
help

LOL, I thought *maybe* by 2004 they would have fixed this problem in Jeep's. I've never owned or driven in a Jeep that had a working fuel guage. I'd take it into the dealer (I assume it's on warranty?) and tell them to fix it. Probably a sensor?

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
FrankW

LOL

LOL, nope not on warranty.......80,000 km +

Ya i thought most likely a sensor....but the service geek said it probably will be expensive with the gas tank needing to come off

Reply to
help
80,000km in one year? Wow ...that's insane.

I'd drive it up to their door, pop the tank off, and then tell them to fix it. I can't see the tank being *that* hard to take off ...just remember where the hoses all go (label them) ...but maybe it's a big chore on a Libby ...I wouldn't know.

Reply to
griffin