Good seat covers?

I don't have a Jeep yet.... but thinking of buying one.

I know that the wet okele seat covers are for Jeeps.... but they also make them for cars so i bought some for my Mazda Protege.

Ive noticed that in only abt 2 years time.... they are starting to wear.... break down .... from the sun I suppose.

Are there any other seat covers better or worth checking?

What abt just some covers made form a nylon such as Cordura nylon.... or maybe a smooth faced nylon for easier sliding in/out?

The wet okele are made of wet suit material and as such have some "padding" to them. I really do NOT need padding in a seat cover.... only durability and easy off/on.

Advice or opinions?

Reply to
john63401

I bought the Bestop seat covers last year. Excellent quality.

Reply to
JEEPMAN

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) wrote on Tuesday 02 September 2003

10:07 am:

4wd.com has Outland neoprene seat covers on sale. Buy the front seat pair and get the rear seat for free. But they've got the padding.
Reply to
Michael White

That's the problem tho..... I do NOT think neoprene is the best material for seat covers.

Neoprene doesn't hold up well to sunlight exposure.

I think a coated nylon would be a better material..... with no padding.

Reply to
john63401

OK...wel let us know what you think after using them awhile.

Im just saying that Im disappointed with the wet okole seat covers. I took them off to was them last week and noticed they had degraded pretty quickly due to sunlight exposure...... and this was in a Mazda Protege that has a roof..... not a Jeep with no top on it.

Reply to
john63401

Yes.... I think you are correct.....and I admit I didn't put any UV protection on mine either.

Reply to
john63401