Got the oil pan off - can't get the rod cap off

Is there some special trick to this? I have the rod nuts off but the rod cap won't come loose.

Also, I looked at the play in the rods on #2 and compared with the others. It feels the same as all the rest... No difference.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Smack it with a hammer and it will pop right off.

Be careful! It must go back together exactly how it came apart!.

So you are ripping your engine apart rather than checking the obvious eh?

Man I sure hope you find a busted ring after all this crap. You do know how to check rings right? You look at and measure the end gaps with the ring in the bore.

The ring end gaps also have to point in certain directions too.

I am taking off bush/snow running for a few days in an hour or so, so, good luck!

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain