Hard top care

The hard top on my TJ is black. Are there any things I should do to protect it from UV? I'd hate to see it turn gray like the flares do.

Thanks!

Ken

Reply to
Ken Knapp

I have always used STP Son of Gun Protectant on my 91 YJ since new. The protectant has preserved the black all these years with most of the time spent in the hot Arizona sun. Some owners do not like these products because they leave an oily residue that will streak the windows when it rains. I've put up with that as a minor issue in order to keep the top looking sharp. Of course the years have taken some toll on appearance and I just repainted it last weekend. Looks new now.

Scott

Reply to
reconair

Thanks Scott! I'll give it a try.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp did pass the time by typing:

I'm gonna try this on my ZJs plastic.

'll let you all know what the results are.

Reply to
DougW

Guys, I recently tried "Back to Black" from Mother's and switched over from being a longtime Son of a Gun user. B to B is pretty cheap too, and the results are beyond anything else I've seen...I've got a WAY faded '99 TJ and its plastic looks showroom (no exaggeration) when I'm done applying it. Lasts awhile too.

Just my 2c, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Looks like real Jeeps have some Japanese rubber on them, though... :)

That's not fair. My plastic is MEXICAN, I'm pretty sure...

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I was just making a lame attempt at jerking your chain :)

Did I mention I was thinking about trading my Jeep for a diesel Daihatsu Rocky?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

I thought you were trading it in for a Ssang Yong Korando, Mike ?

look just like Jeeps (some even have a 7 slot grille so practicallyindistinguishable), have turbo diesels, proper independent suspension, andmodern rack and pinion steering. Those power side mirrors will come inreally handy on the trail ! All this technical innovation is in the spirit of Real Jeeps ! You know it makes sense.

Dave Milne

Matt even !

Reply to
Dave Milne

WTF ...that thing looks like a Dodge Durango or RAM with TJ headlamps. Ughh. Somebody punch the designer for me.

Reply to
griffin