Hard top question

This is a silly question, I know. I'm in the army, and I'm overseas in Germany. I just purchased a new 2007 Jeep wrangler from military car sales AAFES. Its a hard top, and looking at some photos of the hard tops, they appear to be sectional. Is that a new feature or are the photos I'm looking at special hard tops? The photos i am talking about are here:

Thanks.

Reply to
shizaru

Frank_v7.0

Frank_v7.0

There are aftermarket sectional hard tops that function like a sun roof, but I don't think you have one of those. For an oem part, the process of removing the sun roof, if you have one, would be described in the owner's manual. The ribs or section lines that you see in the photos could be interpreted as reinforcements or where the top is glued together.

Earle

Earle Horton

Earle, the JK "Freedom Top" (guess it used to be "French Top") is a 3-piece modular hard top. so I believe the answer to the soldier's question is "Yes, it's a new feature."

Matt Macchiarolo

Be sure and get a wing for it:

know the autobahn doesn't have a speed limit. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III