Hello group

Congrats.. As far as trails in WI, I only know of one or 2. The pipeline in the northern part of the state. Find a group to join. Closest to you is 4 Lakes 4 Wheelers out of Madison/DeForest

And thenthere's Valley Farms in MN and the Badlands in IN are "around". I am surethat there are more, especially 'private' trails. You might try stopping by J&L 4x4 in Sun Prairie, they might be able to tell you about local trails, as well as they're a full service 4x4 shop. They have a lot of parts there, and are really good guys to deal with

Also, Join the WI4WDA yahoo group

hope this info finds you well

Chad in Milwaukee

95 YJ RIP 02 TJ His 99 WJ Hers 0|||||||0

Reply to
Chad Fraker

Just got my first Jeep, a '98 Sierra. I'm sure I'll have lots of newbie questions for all ya's in the near future, so I just figured I'd introduce myself. If anyone has any good suggestions for off-roading in the Madison, Wisconsin area that would be cool too.

Thanks!

=DM=

Reply to
Dr. Mega

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome. We can always use another Cheese Head around here. I grew up in Stoughton!

Can't help you out with any trails unfortunately, I didn't have my drivers license or a Jeep back then. Only got to drive tractors.....

Here's a link to the pipeline trail, but it is north of Green Bay.....

Mabe start a new post titled... "WI 4x4 trails" and see if you get more info. There are a few other cheese heads around. I think Jeff Gross is near Milwaukee.

Reply to
ks

What's a Sierra? Sounds cool. Welcome aboard!

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Sahara probably

Reply to
ks

Welcome!

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Doh! Sahara indeed. Sorry, I was a few beers into a sixer when I posted last night.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions all.

=DM=

Reply to
Dr. Mega

welcome! get some cash ready....

Reply to
serg

Aw! You sound PERFECT for this group! LOL!

Welcome aboard. I had a 99 Sahara, loved it...then the Rubic> Doh! Sahara indeed. Sorry, I was a few beers into a sixer when I posted last night.

Reply to
twaldron

Hey Doc,

I'm also a Mad Town resident. East side near Woodman's. The wheeling around here is non-existent. There are a few clubs that use private property and sometimes go up to the pipeline or Dresser, WI. Here are a couple of links to check out. the XJ club is not an "organized" club but a country wide online club. It sounds like they're not to snobby to ride with TJ's and such. The Wi4wda will give links to local clubs that are members of the org.

I sold my CJ, but I still have my '01Cherokee. . More likely I'll buy a Rubicon the wife was interested in.

Brian

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains

Hey Mad Town guys... Try this, not too long a ride from you and from what I hear, some really great trails...

No I'm not affiliated with the park, and have yet to go..

Reply to
JeepNutz