Picture of my first Jeep...and thank you

I just thought I'd share a picture of my FIRST and current Jeep. Also, what I think is a screaming deal!

I am very new to Jeeps, but I'm loving it. When I first started looking I came to this and other newsgroups for information and found great value in all of your help.

so...this is my Jeep and What I paid :)

I paid $2800CDN ($2050USD) for this badboy

from the previous owner I received receipts for the following work (all done in the last 18 months)

transmission rebuild New clutch New tires Muffler battery he rebuilt the carb

2 new rims paint some stainless steele goodies (need door hinges) Plugs in dec other little bits

When I bought it I spent $300 replacing the fuel pump and Ignition control module.

I think I got a decent deal and wanted to share it with you guys. Thanks for your help.....and continued help, im sure I'll have more newbie questions.

Jason

Reply to
jasonp

PS, 89YJ - 4.2L

Reply to
jasonp

That's not a Jeep.... That's a YJ.

CJs are the only REAL jeeps.

LOL.... snicker snicker snicker.....

Really though, welcome and warm up that wallet. :-)

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

looks like u got a good starter-what are the plans for it??

Reply to
serg

looks great !

Dave Milne

The springs need to be done, so I'll lift it at the same time, bigger tires, some exhaust work...from what I understand once you start it just keeps going and going, but I'll start with that and see what happens

Jason

Reply to
jasonp

Nice man.

Welcome to the club.

I am in Canada and went to a shop that does springs for big dump trucks and highway tractors. They were all fighting over who would get to do the springs in my 'little' truck. The boss laughed and said screw you all, I'm doing it! LOL!

They ordered stock springs in with a pre-arched 'keeper' leaf and bent the rest to make a 2.5" lift for me. It was less than $250.00 a set if I remember right.

I bounce mine hard and they have held up great since 2000.

Canadian Tire also has an amazing number of parts for them including kits for the carb for about $20.00

Mike

jas>

Reply to
Mike Romain

we have standens in calgary here, so I'll go to them I think. $600 installed with 1.5"

Jason

Reply to
jasonp

Newbie, I was sure it wouldn;t take long before a "Real Jeep" owner gave you the business. The attached link takes you to another "non-Jeep", my '94 YJ.

Despite the fact that it's not a "Real Jeep", it tends to kick ass regardless. If I were you I'd be happy with the great deal you got, and be secure in the knowledge that your "Non-Jeep" won't soon turn to a pile of rusted out, oil leaking scrap....oh, I have a CJ5, too, but since it was made by AMC, it's not a "Real Jeep" either...

Reply to
Jerry McG

Hey Jerry, No Pic. No can see.

You're right though. The YJs are pretty tough from my understanding. Just need to get rid of the ugly headlights and dash :-)

Bill

William Oliveri

Reply to
David C. Moller

Looks great! IMO, it's a REAL JEEP.

Best regards, Dave Rose Cactus Cowboy Big Wonderful Wyoming '49 Willys Pickup (parts truck) '62 Willys Pickup 4WD 226 '98 XJ Sport O|||||||O

Reply to
cactuscowboy

Let's try this again:

Jerry McG

L.W.(ßill)

Yeah, what is that and what it's main function?

Bill

William Oliveri

Go bigger, you'll wish you did later on. ;)

coop

Reply to
cooper

Well, thanks for that. I just spent way too much time at work looking at your Colorado pics (one pic leads to looking up the site on the web then comes more pics and more sites about Colorado..... ). Now you guys got me want'n to take a trip to Colorado. :-)

Bill

William Oliveri

I thought all it would do was go to the one shot of my YJ, turns out it takes you to the whole slideshow I was putting together about the Jeeps I am indentured to.

Trails in the high country won;t be open until early to mid-July, nice snowpack this year in the San Juans. That gives you plenty of time to make plans! Enjoy!

Jerry McG

The ring keeps rocks from busting through the center of the cover and prevents them from peeling the cover edges away from the housing.

=wwXUHi

Reply to
Jerry McG