Help with XJ T-case lowering kit...

but why does the kit have 4 spacers and 4 longer bolts?

Reply to
herman

They figure you don't mind doing a bit of cursing when lining it back up....

Mike

herman wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

this is crazyness at its best. two bolts facing upwards.. and two facing downwards where I can't get them out, or new ones in. Just great.. I don't understand thou, why noone else has a Xj and has seen what Im talking about, Im gonna take a picture for you guys and post it tomorrow.

Stay tuned

Reply to
herman

Do you not understand what a stud is?

The nut is welded inside the frame and a piece of threaded rod is put in.

You can just grab it and unscrew it from the bottom.

There is a proper tool for removing these studs.

I have been saying this for days. Here is a link on doing the job with photos of the right tool.

Mike

herman wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Earth to herman. Its not that complex. We gave you animated stuff of how the nut serts work. Im thinking you need to have this done by someone more familiar with a socket set. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

In news:Onjlc.23971$6L3.14010@fed1read05, Kevin in San Diego from was injured because:

| Earth to herman. Its not that complex. We gave you animated | stuff of how the nut serts work. Im thinking you need to have | this done by someone more familiar with a socket set. | KH

||| "L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" wrote in ||| message news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net... |||| So you may have a question to put to this group? |||| God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O |||| mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Can we put him on 'Ignore' yet?

Reply to
Joseph P