Frankenstein Bolts

Ok, got the kit to put the hardtop on my 2000SE. I have the hardtop from a previous car and the 2000SE I got did not have the hardware. When I tried to install the frankenstein bolts, they hit the sides of the recess and do not recess into the holes in the rectanguar chrome piece behind the top, I think they should go all the way into the recess, no??? Since they do not, what do I need to do??? Get a new rectangular piece that has a slightly larger recessed hole??

Dave

2000SE
Reply to
Dave

to Vietnamese style fried rolls, they have lots of meat (of course this can consist of chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp). Who can resist this classic appetizer; or light lunch served with a fresh salad? Versatility is probably this recipe?s greatest virtue, as one can use the best part of a prime, rare, yearling, or the morticians occasional horror: a small miracle stopped short by a drunk driver, or the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting...

2 cups finely chopped very young human flesh 1 cup shredded cabbage 1 cup bean sprouts 5 sprigs green onion, finely chopped 5 cloves minced garlic 4-6 ounces bamboo shoots Sherry chicken broth oil for deep frying (1 gallon) Salt pepper soy & teriyaki minced ginger, etc. 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water 1 egg beaten

Make the stuffing: Marinate the flesh in a mixture of soy and teriyaki sauces then stir fry in hot oil for till brown - about 1 minute, remove. Stir-fry the vegetables. Put the meat back into the wok and adjust the seasoning. De-glaze with sherry, cooking off the alcohol. Add broth (optional) cook a few more minutes. Add the cornstarch, cook a few minutes till thick, then place the stuffing into a colander and cool; 2 hours Wrap the rolls: Place 3 tablespoons of stuffing in the wrap, roll tightly - corner nearest you first, fold 2 side corners in, wrap till remaining corner is left. Brush with egg, seal, and allow to sit on the seal for a few minutes. Fry the rolls: 325° if using egg roll wraps, 350° for spring roll wraps. Deep fry in peanut oil till crispy golden

Reply to
Dave

I believe that they are supposed to stick up 3/4" to 1" for the rear latches on the hard top to grab onto. I don't have a hard top but I do have the bolts installed, the tall one in the hole toward the front and the down-in / flush one in the rear most hole on each side. Try it that way and I think you'll find it works correctly. I guess it does look a bit funny when you look at it though.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes, the bottom of the Frankenstein bolt "head" should sit down in the hole with the O-ring on the bottom of the bolt head sealing against the bottom of the counter-sunk hole.

You are putting the F-bolts in the forward-most holes in the rectangular chrome piece, right?

Reply to
Grant Edwards