Hi/Lo headlight problem?

1997 GC 105K miles Help? Low beam headlights gone .... everything else working find. I have brake lights, turn signals, fog lights, Hi-beam ........... everything else appears fine. I'm "assuming" my problem is the Hi/Low switch on the steering column? I do not have a service manual (guess I should get one, right?) Am I overlooking anything obvious?

TIA

Duke Smithville, Missouri

Reply to
RDUKE1946

Yup, two burned out low beams.

It happens more often than folks think. One burns out and you don't notice if you are city driving. When the second burns out, it's oops where did the lights go.

Mike

Mike Romain

Did both lights go out at the same time? It is possible that you just need to replace the bulbs.

Kevin in Iowa

Kevin in Iowa

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

The way I read the wiring diagram, you wouldn't have fog lights if the hi/low switch weren't able to go to low beam position.

"... don't leave home without it..."

If you have a voltmeter with a pin lead, check the voltage to the low beam pin connector at the bulb. You might have both low beams burnt out and just didn't notice the first one go byebye.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11