How does 4x4 really work

I have a 99 gc with quadratrac II and have noticed that the full time does not perform well form a cold start. I have assumed that the "fluids or hydrolic system" needs to warm up to operating temp before the full time will work well. After driving only a mile I see a marked improvement in traction. At the same time if I shift into part time I recieve solid traction even from a cold start. All of this is when starting cold from my driveway turning onto a snow covered 7% grade road. To test this I have tried driving out of my driveway immediatly after returning home in full time.

jimo

Reply to
Marvin Oliver

This is an excellent explanation of 4x4

also make sure to read up on differentials work:
HYFTH, Chad

Reply to
Chad Fraker