How to remove/install head unit for Inifinity Gold System - 98 JGC

If I can find a replacement head unit for the Infinity Gold System in a 98JGC, I want to know how hard it is to remove the old unit and replace it.

I came across this by googling, and I would like to find out if anyone here has used the Jeep section of CarStereoRemovel.com

I think I have at least 2 blown speakers so I want to pull the door panels as well to check I don't know if it's the speakers that's bad or the amp.

Are there any Jeep speaker/door panel, tereo removel insturctions for

98JGC's that others have used?

thanks

Reply to
Cappy2112

Heh.. what a rip. Is a good idea to make money though.

I use the service manual. If you plan on keeping your jeep for a long time you should get one.

Reply to
DougW

time you should get one.

Does the service manual cover the Infinity Gold System components?

Reply to
Cappy2112

The service manual will cover all components, powertrain, body parts, specs, etc. There might be a pdf out there. I remember seeing a post here, but since I don't have a 98, I didn't download it. Might see if pdftown.com has it.

If your going to update the stereo system, I'd go with all new components. Unless your wife actually listens to "loud" music, you would be better off with a decent head unit and bypassing the existing system. Of course that depends on how comfortable you (or the wife) is with tracing wires or rewiring.

If you want to keep the steering wheel controls then this will help.

DougW

you should get one.

There is an add-on manual for some years that covers it much better, the body diagnostic manual. Fairly thin thing.

Reply to
Lon

Cappy, search the post of the people who tried this and did not do it right and the problems they had. Disconect the stupid amp and you lose dash lights. I have 3 GCL's and they all need new speakers. I took my am/fm/cd out and replaced it with a factory am/fm/cd unit from the junk yard.

Reply to
Cheeky Bastard