Replacement stereo for 98 Jeep GC Laredo

I have the Infinity Gold system in my Jeep.

The after market CD changer went out on my 98 GC, and I want to replace the stereo in the dash with one that has a single CD player, AM/FM radio.

Does anyone know if these are still available for a 98? Do I have to go through the dealer that will fit into the space in the dash?

Reply to
Cappy2112

If that has the external amps, those are a bit tricky.

For the cost I'd go with a good aftermarket. Drop by crutchfield.com then head out to a couple local sterio stores and see what they have. There are adapters to put about any radio in that hole.

This day and age I'd be looking at a radio that did iPod and not worry about CDs.

Reply to
DougW

Yes the amp is under the back seat

I use an ipod myself, but the Jeep is for my wife. I bought her an ipod and she complained she wanted the CD player. Go figure

Reply to
Cappy2112