How to replace the hing pin on the door of my 89 XJ?

Above says it. It's a two door and the top hing pin is worn and the door sags. It looks kind of like a roll pin. Is it and does anyone have the size?

Thanks JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

The dealer sells them cheap and I wish you all the best of luck trying to change the SOB! ;-)

I would start soaking the bolts for the hinges at least once a day for a week and the pin itself with a good penetrating oil. Don't use WD40, it won't do it, use liquid wrench or PB blaster or something.

Mike

Jo Bo wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain