I need TJ hardtop glass (or cut lexan)

Can anyone out there help me find some glass for my TJ hardtop or a aftermarket company that sells precut lexan to fit the hardtops? I bought a used hardtop 2 years ago for $25 and I would like to be able to use it this winter on my TJ. Anyone got any ideas of suggestions?

Reply to
Chad

Did you call the local windshield and glass shops yet? If anyone knows where to get this stuff, they do. Btw, afaik lexan or plexiglass isn't too hard to cut if you have the tools. Plastic tends to scratch over time though...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Here in Toronto all kinds of places sell bulk plastics and lexan sheets, etc.

My old tenant just bought a sheet and cut it to size with a jig saw. He then filed it smooth. Looked good.

You just have to watch the saw blade speed. Too fast and the blade will weld to the lexan.

Mike

Chad wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

If you look, there's also some job shops around that'll cut it for you, and if it's simple work that you can explain easily, it's not too expensive... We have one locally (North of Washignton, DC) that my brother's used for a few projects...

Reply to
Brett Dixon