ID this fuel tank!

I would appreciate some help identifying this fuel tank assembly. This is a 20 gallon tank on a CJ8. I am trying to determine if it is the stock OEM tank or an aftermarket product. Anybody know?

(I'm considering buying some armor which claims to only bolt on over the original tank assembly. Don't wanna order it and then pay shipping to send it back if it turns out not to fit.)

sm3gurpal

Looks like a stock CJ tank to me.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyer

Ditto, Looks like the underside of my CJ too

Reply to
Richard Harris

That looks like a stock skid plate at least. Can't see if the gas tank is a stock one or not but if it fits tight inside the skid plate, then likely it is. If it is a plastic tank, then for sure it is stock, but am not sure what years the CJ's had the plastic tanks. My 86 does.

Mike

sm3gurpal wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain