Installing OEM Fog lights on 95 Cherokee

I am looking for instructions and advice for installing fog lights using OEM dash switch and I believe the car is prewired on a 1995 Jeep Cherokee Country.

I have installed the OEM dash switch and located the pigtial connector in front for the lights. Yet I do not have power to either.

I read a couple earler posts from 1998 and mention was made to wire near headlights. Which side of the car and where do you connect it to. Advice was given to add a relay and wondering of course where the heck you do that!

Definately can use some help.

Thanks, Dano

Reply to
Dano

Have you checked the locations for the factory fuses and relays? Your may have been prewired but if not equipped at the factory you may well not have the fuses and relays installed.

You can add your own power portions of the circuit. If you want them to only operate with the headlights run a jumper from the headlight low beam circuit to the switch and then to your headlight relay's energizer terminal.

The old ford starter relay is very common as they have higher capacity than the factory relays and are also quite cheap.

You then run battery power to the relay input and wire the output side to the foglights.

Reply to
billy ray

Dano did pass the time by typing:

This might help, it's for the 93ZJ though.

Behind the battery is a relay and fuse center. The fog lamp relay is in there.

Fogs only come on with low beam

Reply to
DougW

Billy Ray, Apparently the factory left something off. I looked in the fuse/relay console under the hood. There is no place for a fog lamp relay, only a fuse which is good. Where would I locate the headlight relay?

Appreciate the feedback! Dano

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Dano

Not sure on the XJ Dano, lets throw this out to the RAMJ+W family....

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III