Jeep AC Leaking from under dash

I have a 1988 Jeep Cherokee. The a/c is working fine, but I have water leaking down from the right hand side, underneath the dash. I know this is from the a/c, as it only does it when I have had the a/c on for a while.

I wonder if a drain tube or something like that has disconnected ??

Any tips, or advice please ??

Thanks !!

--James--

Reply to
James

More likely the drain is clogged. The water has no where to go, so it overflows under the dash.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

The drain tube is clogged. It's under the right side near the starter motor on the 4.0 if memory serves, a rubber tube about 4" long. You can pull it off by hand and clean it out with a bit of wire -- but it can be a bitch to put back on.

James wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I haven't had to do this on a Cherokee but on Fords the fastest way to to lift the vehicle and use compressed air to blow the passage clean.

Reply to
BillyRay

Thank you each for these replies. It gives me something to look for.

--james--

Reply to
James

Hey guys, I've got a 96 Grand Cherokee and was leaking the same way.=A0 I had to drill a hole in the drain line , the flat plastic circular thing at the bottom of the housing=A0 from the inside.=A0 Then run a wire through, the= n plug the hole. The reason was that the it drained inside the frame.

I enjoy reading all your helpful info.

Thanks, Dean

Reply to
Dean Rigdon