Jeep clunking

hi group got a question if someone would like to give some advice. 97 JGC

4.0 loud clunking noise coming from the front end. Took it to Firestone (I know .....they got me) and the guy found that my U joint on the right side was in bad shape so they replaced it. After paying for it and driving it off the clunking was even louder than before.Had the guy go with me and listen and he agreed that it was loud and didnt hear it when he drove it just before I got there(riggghhht). He says he greased everything that can be greased and everything was rock solid in his words.The only thing that could be suspect on it is the stabalizer link or swaybar link that he said there was no way of knowing.Just wanted some opinions before shelling out more money on something that doesn't need to be done.thanks
Reply to
bigblankowsky

Grab the sway bar and give it a shake while watching the rubber boots at the end, I have had them go on me but the boot hides the fact that they are broken. Three months ago I had one go on the wifes 97 Cherokee and it actually blew apart and jammed up into the strut, she said it had been clunking for weeks then it just stopped. Yeah it stopped when it found a new home jammed in the strut.

"No way of know>hi group got a question if someone would like to give some advice. 97 JGC

Reply to
Jeepster

When you replace one U-joint, you should replace the other too.

Reply to
Mark12211

Reply to
bigblankowsky