Jeep Liberty diesel question

I am looking at the new Jeep Liberty with the diesel. Can anyone tell me if its a body on frame? Seems like a really good choice for lifting and making into a serious off-roader. Considering that the little 2.3 liter engine outs out 300 foot pounds of torque.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Hi Dan, I'm not going to offer an opinion, but I must commend you on your choice of bait and casting technique. :-)

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

LOL!

In case he is actually real, should we gently let him know that it is just another cookie cutter unibody SUV aimed at soccer moms?

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

OK -- I am going purely on the latest popular mechanics magazine that reviewed the liberty. I used to own a Wrangler (square lights) and it was a great little off roader - I moved to a 4 Runner since. Where I live, you dont have too many off roading places. I want to get something new, with diesel, that I can turn into an off roader and tow. I thought the liberty would be a good choice. Don't assume I am baiting anyone for anything. Just wanted to see if the thing had a frame. If it has a frame, the possibilities are endless... especially with the engine...

Reply to
Dan J.S.

OK - I found this article

It answered my question. I guess it's uni-body....

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Yep, it's unibody, but then again so is the Cherokee and it can be built into a respectable off road vehicle. I don't ask my Cherokee to do what my YJ can, but when my son borrows the YJ, I've had occasion to pull it out with the Cherokee. For Lybby options See

BTW, Sorry about the fishing comment earlier, but I knew the reaction your question would get.

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

Reply to
mic canic

You can flame me all ya want...but it is for what he wants it for... a great JEEP! with economy fuel

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

My understanding ... same as my ('96) Cherokee ... uniframe/unibody :-) ... but 1000 lbs heavier (design by Ford aka heavy truck?)

possibilities

Reply to
bowgus