Jeep OEM Radios

I have a 1988 Jeep Wrangler. It has a 1998 Jeep Cherokee radio in it. I need to know what year OEM radios will fit what jeeps from 1988 to present. Does any one know for sure without a doubt?

Thanks

Reply to
nvrpc

I'm pretty sure that's a "DIN and a half" configuration like the Cherokee. Save your sanity and go buy the $15 adaptor kit that turns it into a standard "DIN" fitting. If you offroad enough the dust alone may cause you to buy a new stereo every couple of years .

Drifter "I've been here, I've been there..."

Reply to
Drifter

That is why I took my cheap radio out.. I am looking at installing my CB in its place... A cheap Cobra 18WX ST II is about perfect for the opening..

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

Wow. An on-charter post from nvrpc. Nice to see it.

I don't have an off-the-shelf answer for you but if I was looking for that kind of information I'd try backing it in by looking in a catalog like Crutchfield to see what standard radio sizes fit in which Cherokees.

This might help you:

nvrpc wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

We can chnage that if you'd like. Buy I have another question" for now"

Where can I buy two each sway bar end links, "stock leghth without being a two piece" that have poly bushing in them. I do not have a lift kit at all.

1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ.

Thanks

Reply to
nvrpc

Just looked for any radio that would fit a YJ without modifcation and Crutchfiled didn;t have any radios that were a perfect with without chopping the dash. NOT !!!!

Thanks anyway. Maybe a radio is not the way to go. CB , or HAM radio may be better.

Reply to
nvrpc