Jeep XJ 4x2 Dilemma

I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4x2 and I want to have four wheel-drive Do I just need to buy the 4x4 emblem or is it more complex than that? I was also wondering if 'spinners' would be a problem when I go to Moab. Thanks.

-UtilitarianBling

Reply to
Dep Constan

You need the 'All-Terrain" or "Mud-Terrain" spinners. They have found the centrifugal force is a great boon to rock hopping.

The more stickers you have the more your vehicle will perform.

The best improvement has actually been to install a 1000+ watt stereo..... the vibrations pack the ground surface for better traction.

Reply to
billy ray

You might put some big neon lights under it too, that will make the Jeep lighter and so you'll have an easier time in sand and snow.

Jeff DeWitt

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Dep Constan proclaimed:

Be sure you get the Trail Rated badge with your 4x4 emblem, or you'll have four wheel drive but have to restrict your driving to running over kids at the Walmart parking lot. The spinners won't be a problem, in fact they are pretty handy for chopping up the mormon tea that grows wild around Moab. Run at full speed along the Hurrah pass trail and screech to a stop at the first tea bush you see. That will leave the spinners running fast enough that you should be able to chop up enough tea for the next day. Put the tea in a Wagner cast iron skillet and lay it carefully on your exhaust manifold to dry the tea properly before brewing. One way to test your trail rated 4wd conversion would be to head out of Moab toward I-70, but as soon as you cross the Colorado river, take the paved road down toward the old Potash plant. Head down that road to the Shafer Trail turnoff and head up that trail.... just a bit past Island In the Sky, keep going and you'll soon come to level ground at the top of the trail. Take an abrupt left and engage your new

4 wheel drive and head as fast as you can straight ahead. You might see what appears to be a dip or dropoff ahead of you, but it is really an optical illusion--just keep your new 4wd engaged and keep right on going straight ahead and soon you'll reach the point where you can drop down to the Colorado river into an area most jeepers never manage to reach.
Reply to
Lon

You might put some big neon lights under it too, that will make the Jeep lighter and so you'll have an easier time in sand and snow.

Jeff DeWitt

Dep C> I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4x2 and I want to have four wheel-drive

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Yep, Neon photons have more power than regular photons so the photon lift factor will be better. Just make sure you install the neon tube the right way, or else you'll have a photon vacuum effect and the car will be sucked further toward the ground. That's how those lowriders can ride so low.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Don't forget the "Type R" and the "VTEC" stickers.

-rev

Dep C> I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4x2 and I want to have four wheel-drive

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Those are worth 50 hp each!

Reply to
billy ray

Perhaps he could borrow the big TuRD logo from a Toyota?

The Reverend Natural Light proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Reply to