JK CRD

They have a 2.0 CRD in the Patriot and a 3.0 CRD in the new Grand Cherokee. Sadly, no v8 CRD yet.

Reply to
Dave Milne

The 2.0 is a Volkswagen engine and the 3.0 V6 is the Mercedes motor. I've ridden in an E-Class with the V6 and it runs out very nice. I haven't ridden or driven the Volkswagen motor so I can't say from personal experience. Mercedes produces a 2.2L I4 CRD but I think it costs more than the VW engine.

I guess I would expect the level of sophistication and the specific power of the VW motor to be less than the Mercedes motor.

reboot (also a '99 TJ)

Reply to
reboot

V8? Feh, I want a LeMans winning V10 diesel...

Hey, maybe the VW group will buy Jeep...

Dave Milne proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

No, dont think so in this instance actually. VW is leading the way in diesels at the moment with very high fuel pressures. If you are correct, the

2 litre is the Golf engine and it is very good. 168bhp and 258lb/ft - impressive.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

They do a W10 in the Touareg - 313 bhp and 553 lb ft torque !

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne