K & N Air Filter Questions

It's not filter clogging that's the issue, you idiot. WHERE do you think the larger particulates that the K&N doesn't stop end up? In the engine, between the rings and the cylinder walls, among other places. The OP has a brand new Liberty that I would rashly assume he wants to drive for a hundred thousand miles or so without having to rebuild the engine to stop the excessive oil consumption or replace prematurely worn bearings that had dirt in them. You can expect to rebuild a race engine every season, so that may be acceptable, but on a street engine, IMO, it is not.

-- C.R. Krieger

Reply to
Motorhead Lawyer

You are my hero C.R. Krieger! And BTW, my father has a 1975 Ford E350 van with the original 460 c.i.d. engine which has never been rebuilt. It has over 275,000.00 miles on her trailering a 27 foot boat. Oh, it has a K&N filter in it since he bought it new in 1975. I guess he must be full of it also. But seeing that he is a retired Aerospace engineer and machinist, I don't think so.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Socks

Just out of curiosity, why does Direct Connection list K&N filters and cold air intakes for KJ's and state that it will not void the factory warranty? Now that just doesn't make any sense to me what so ever.

Reply to
Socks

Good day, If anybody is remotely interested in seeing photo's of my 1976 BMC Mini, you can view them on my wife's web site:

go to the "My Pic's" section and scroll down and you can see someof them there. Sorry, but my wife left out the specification build sheet listing all that's done to it.

Ryan

Reply to
Socks

I had a 67 I put a built 1275 in with the 4 speed hydraulic tranny (slapstick) and dual SU's and a 75 new off the showroom floor. They were fun cars. Just insanity on the snowmobile trails and ice racing. The 67 got radar clocked at 132 mph on a paved surface.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

My passenger seat has custom "Holly Shit" handles and in the glove box "Depends" Underpants! :)

Reply to
Socks

First time I've heard of that Bill...

Skyslider

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

First time I've heard of that Bill...

Skyslider

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

It's called "money". K&N gives enough to Chrysler and they sell questionable filters because there are enough suckers like you out there to make it profitable. *Of course* it doesn't void the warranty because Chrysler's longest warranty is only 100K miles. After that,

*they couldn't care less* what happens to your engine because they won't be paying for it. Those of us who regularly drive vehicles with over 200K on them prefer that they not be full of dirt from previous K&N use.

-- C.R. Krieger

Reply to
Motorhead Lawyer

Nice try at a diversion. Name one. We're waiting.

Your lawyer is right about *most* lawyers. You're only getting huffy because someone has the temerity to make *you* the target. Put on one of your nyms and deal with it.

-- C.R. Krieger

Reply to
Motorhead Lawyer

Sorry. don't agree with you.

Reply to
Socks

In article , Motorhead Lawyer wrote: #It's called "money". K&N gives enough to Chrysler and they sell #questionable filters because there are enough suckers like you out #there to make it profitable. *Of course* it doesn't void the warranty #because Chrysler's longest warranty is only 100K miles. After that, #*they couldn't care less* what happens to your engine because they #won't be paying for it. Those of us who regularly drive vehicles with #over 200K on them prefer that they not be full of dirt from previous #K&N use.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

I understand conjunctions. Do you understand the term, "name"?

Oh, yeah. We sure wouldn't want to taint this place with any

*credibility* or *verifiability*, would we? Interesting argument you have there. "I can't tell you because then somebody whose name is already well-known would be on the Internet." While I may not know much about Usenet after only a decade and a half, I do know a thing or two about bullshit. And (note: conjunction) this looks a lot more like bullshit to me.

Until you can give us a name, I can go with that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, I know. The 'ricers' love 'em on their Hon-duhs.

-- C.R. Krieger

Reply to
Motorhead Lawyer

Let's call it a lack of *interest*.

My favorites have alloy heads on cast iron 3.5 liter blocks. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out since you've been doing so much research on me. Oh; and I'm *so* flattered ...

Yeah; same here. What it all comes down to for our OP is this:

He can Google me and/or Hughes and he can find us and, if he's so motivated, he can email or pick up the phone and call. I'll talk to him about my years working in racing and my experience in working on my own, and others', cars and what I know about K&N vs. OEM filters. Then he can decide whether he trusts or agrees with my opinion. I know Ron Katona usually did, and Brett Anderson and Jenny Morgan will. We're still waiting to find out who, if anyone, agrees with you.

OR he can Google YOU and discover that as far as verifiability, you don't have a name or an address or a phone number and we can be pretty damn sure he can't even email you because you're hiding from getting banned from Usenet or tossed by your ISP (because about 90% of your postings involve rude remarks about barnyard animals and are almost invariably violations of TOS policies).

Gee; a couple of guys with decades of real experience you can actually talk to, or a 19-year-old Usenet bully who won't disclose any verifiable facts and who can't be found. I know who I'm gonna pick.

-- C.R. Krieger

Reply to
Motorhead Lawyer

150bhp from a mini engine ? Even the full race 1380s only put out about 135bhp. You are probably looking more like 90bhp tops from normal aspirated.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Really... I've got a 998cc that put out 101 Hp. Oh... and it too is fueled without a turbo, supercharged, etc.

In fact, I am building a turbo charged 1340 cc. engine which should give me round 220-235 BHP... You should read some of the Mini magazines in the past 10 years! Then maybe you will realize that 150 hp is not that outrages.

Have a good day.

Ry'

Reply to
Socks

Oh really. And is this 101 measured at the flywheel or is the result of some dodgy calculation to turn 30 at the wheels into a big number ?

The A series engines were shit - middle two cylinders too close together so the head gaskets blew, valves too small etc. In fact the whole car was shit - battery boxes rusting out, sub frames rusting under the rear seat. Plus some stupid designs in putting the distributor and coil in the way of the first puddle you hit. Hydrolastic suspension - hah ! The gearbox couldn't take any moderate tuning without breaking either, and even if you could get rapid forward motion, you couldn't stop well as the drum brakes were shit. Even the handling was eclipsed by the Hilman Imp.

Save your money, old son, buy a Lotus Elise. Tell you what if you bring yours over, I'll even cut it up and take it to the scrapyeard free for you just out of sheer nostalgia for the others I've sent there !

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

:)