K/N vs reg Air Filters

First thanks for all of the + and + advice.

I have a 95 nissan 4cyl 5sp pickup. Its got 132,000 on it. I live in sw colorado near durango. Its 7,000 + feet above sea level.

I live on a dirt road. Lots of dust. I trying to decied if i should get the k/n because you can clean it. I have noticed my fram filter is very dirt and its only got 2,000+ mile on it.

But i have heard alot of negative things on k/n and nissans.. Dont want to go threw another wrong spark plugs again. Only use NGK in nissan. Nothing else works...

thanks for any help. thanks techs. jason in colorado

Reply to
lpage

K&N is a Pain in the ass to wash out.... keep your old filter to install while the KN is drying out after a wash.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

What so hard? Remove filter. Shake loose excess dirt. Spray on cleaner. Let soak. Wrinse filter with water. Let dry. Spray filter oil. Let soak. Reinstall. Takes a few hours to complete if you dry the filter in the sun but really only takes maybe 15 minutes of actual labor time.

Reply to
Hawaii_SE-R

It's a bit more challenging in the winter. I left mine to dry overnight indoors and it still wasn't completely dry. It took almost a whole day. Not a problem in this car since it's mainly driven for fun but keeping a spare paper filter for your daily driver is not a bad idea.

As for how well they work, it's been debated for years and probably will be for many more.

Chris

Reply to
Chris