Liberty CRD

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I drive diesel Benzes every day and I have not blown a visible black cloud out the tailpipe in years. The old naturally aspirated fours would in the mountains or when cold but the turbos just don't. And with low sulfur diesel the smell is not as bad as cat con sulfur smell on gas engines. On straight JP5 the smell is nearly nonexistent. (I always add oil or Power Service if burning drained jet juice because it's cheaper than a pump, although I think the lubricity standards are sufficient for it. Straight K-1 will tear up the fuel pump even on jet engines unless oil as added, by the way.)

Reply to
Ted Azito

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Man, just getting behind one of those stink bombs in traffic with the top down is more than enough to ruin your day....

Off road, forget it! To the end of the line stinky!

We do have dirty fuel in Canada though.

Mike

Ted Azito wrote:

Reply to