Lifted Libby

I saw a Libby in a parking lot this evening, it had aprox a 4-5" lift on it. Also Bigger and more agressive tires. Suprisingly, it didnt look half bad like that. Granted a nice splash of mud here and there would have done a lot for it too...

Reply to
jbjeep

Did you know, that anything other than a body lift voids the warranty?

*&^%$#@!!!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Spray On Mud for off-road wannabes

Billy Ray

Does that include the mud?

Reply to
Jason Backshall

Muahaha I voided my tj's warranty a year after I got it, from the dealership.

Since I took it in one time for 2 recalls that SHOULD have taken 1 hour to complete for both of them, they fried the computer twice, one of my fuel injectors, and kept the damn thing for 2 weeks! Then I bought the factory service manual and vowed never again would another man's hands be on my "baby".

I saw a lifted kj in a magazine once, can't remember which one, but they had done a solid front axle conversion somehow... it was even on 33's!

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Here is one, I don't know details, but it looks like they have cut off the IFS

I know of another one, I will see if I can get photos and details on it as well

Reply to
Rusted

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Just because a vehicle is lifted, that doesn't mean it was done right. I think that a lot of the lift jobs that I have seen, are for the mall or the college parking lot.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I just got the new catalogue from 4 Wheel Parts

and it has a number of Libby lift parts, probably more than for my WJ!

Reply to
Billy Ray

You are in the USA correct? If so you have the Magnuson Moss Warranty act:

For an explanation:
That mean they have to prove the lift caused the damage, not just say 'no warranty'. Lots of TJ owners have found out all about this.

I also am 'really' curious about a body lift on a Liberty?????

I was under the impression they have no frame or at the most a uniframe like the Cherokee. This means a body lift doesn't exist.

Mike

Mike Romain
**I'll have to look. I bought the extended so I am 7/75 bumper to bumer (except of course that ONE thing that goes wrong!)

: For an explanation: :

: That mean they have to prove the lift caused the damage, not just say : 'no warranty'. Lots of TJ owners have found out all about this.

**That's the way Ford does it. This is my first, and I say that with pride, FIRST mopar..... I don't know how they do battle. The service manager was pretty adamant about it though. In good humor, but still very serious.

: : I also am 'really' curious about a body lift on a Liberty?????

**All I know about it, since I thought it would be a waste of time and money, is that the service manager says I can do a body lift without voiding the warranty, not a suspension lift. I talked to him today. he says if I find a way, or a lift that is mopar approved, to let him know.

: : I was under the impression they have no frame or at the most a uniframe : like the Cherokee. This means a body lift doesn't exist.

** You may be right. I will do more research and let you know what I come up with. What you are saying makes perfect sense. Not to mention screwing up the dynamics of a whole bunch of stuff.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Daystar has a couple Libby lift kits. you can just go with polyurethane coil spacers or replacement struts and coil springs in varying heights.

For example: Their catalogue came the other day

Some dealerships are more tolerant than others and some will look the other way if they do the lifting without warranty worries. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Who told you that, the dealer?

End-user modifications are NOT grounds for voiding the entire warranty on a vehicle. For instance, the dealer can't void the warranty on the radio if your radio craps out after you installed a lift.

Now, they may have grounds for voiding the warranty if the modification caused the failure...say if you installed a lift and larger tires and the transmission pukes. But it's their responsibility to prove the modification caused the failure. They will hem and haw and figure most people won't pursue it.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Your service manager is full of horse poop. The KJ is a unit body vehicle...the only way to lift is is through a suspension lift. And he's either ignorant of the Magnusson Moss act or he's lying. Probably both.

I had issue with D-C when the NV3550 manual tranny came out and the manuals said only Mopar brand transmission fluid can be used or the warranty would be voided on the tranny. The way I understood it, if the manufacturer requires only their products for maintenance of the vehicle and specifically forbids aftermarket maintenance products, they have to provide those products free of charge. When I pointed this out to D-C customer service, they basically told me to have intercourse with myself.

I even contacted New Venture Gear about it, they sent me the specs on the fluid. Since then an aftermarket product has come out, and meets the specs.

Point being, I think they will fight it tooth and nail if the issue comes up.

Matt Macchiarolo

Here you go

This should satisfy the concerns of it getting out of the mall and the college parking lots. Seems like a pretty thorough build to me.

Reply to
Rusted

Warrenty? Whats that????

Reply to
jbjeep

It is something that people with money have.

Reply to
Billy Ray

That's an urban legend. People that are broke have them, because they are spending all their money on new Jeep Payments.

LOL

KJK

: >

: >

: > On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:22:20 -0600, "KJ.Kate" : > wrote: : >

: >>>

: >>>Did you know, that anything other than a body lift voids the warranty? : >>>*&^%$#@!!! : >>>

: >>>KJK : >>>

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Soooooooo they had money at one time and then became Jeepers err....broke?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Uh huh. prezactly.

Kinda like boat owners who have a hole in the water that they pour money into. We used to have a 25 foot hole....

KJK

: > LOL : >

: > KJK : >

: > : >

: > : >

: > : > On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:22:20 -0600, "KJ.Kate" : > : > : > wrote: : > : >

: > : >>>

: > : >>>Did you know, that anything other than a body lift voids the : > warranty? : > : >>>*&^%$#@!!! : > : >>>

: >

: :