Locker abuse

That is press fit just under the yoke and it is just what you think. They make a rubber ring for some of them, but the floating axle needs a loose fit.

I don't know if you have room, but they have a plastic two piece one that bolts on for YJ or TJ fronts.

When you go for the heater core replacement, I 'highly' recommend you put a GM blower motor in. It puts out more on low than the stock one on high. I could drive last winter with my coat off, let alone no gloves or boots! The windows defrost! I am in Canada....

Here is a link on the blower upgrade. If you have a choice of two motors, the cheaper one with the shorter shaft is the right one.

Mike

TrailMarker wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I had an occasion to look at a couple of short shafts in the garage over the weekend, this plate can be peened so that it stays where you put it. On my spares, I can easily pull it off by hand, but it fits snuggly enough to not fall off by itself.

Real Jeeps don't have heaters, ask Bill, he'll tell you ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

See?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That'a a great idea. Thanks. I'll put that on my list. TrailMarker

Reply to
TrailMarker