Loud grinding on start-up

OEM's have the advantage of assembling everything within their specs in a clean controlled environment...

No matter how high the quality of an aftermarket part is, it's ALWAYS being installed in a dusty, grimy shop by hands covered with multiple solvents and petroleum products; which may or may not be compatible or harmful (Hand degreaser, used oil, break cleaner etc.)... but even if compatible they do a good job of trapping grit and grime and spreading it to new freshly machined bearings, and soft rubber seals etc.

If that doesn't kill em' being wacked in with a BF hammer and a socket/Tubing used for a drift, or having bolts torqued down to the torque specification of: "good n' tight usin' my breaker bar and shit pipe cheater" will.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Regardless. It was not the transmission, clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, or any aftermarket part for that matter. I replaced my fan clutch a couple days ago and the motor now purrs to life as it always did. Thanks everyone.

Reply to
Micah

LOL! Thanks for the follow-up!

Mike

Mike Romain

I hate to say I told you so but I told you so :)

Just goes to show, always look at the simple easy things first, I hate to think what you'd have felt like if you had dropped the trans, only to start it back up and still have the noise :)

Anyway as Mike said, thanks for the follow up.

Reply to
Simon Juncal