Lucky after flat tire

Was out playing in the mud with my CJ and daughter in YJ, I got a slice in the side wall of my new 33"x12.5"15" mud terrains, less then 800 miles on them. Changed to spare and took tire to shop I bought them from to get fixed. Guy said we can't fix it, sidewall cut, cut the cords too, I said well do you have another in stock, he said no, can have one for Monday, $245.00 Canadain, plus mounting/balancing/taxes, $291.00. Then he said you can check accross the road and see if they have one, so I went over, he said no, can have it for Monday, I said how much, he said it's covered under warrenty, I said are you sure, he phoned the rep, $75.00 plus mount/balance/taxes, $121.00. So I came home and checked online for BFG warrenty, as follows. So I guess I got off lucky. WHAT IS NOT COVERED

Tires which become unserviceable due to:

- Road hazard injury (e.g., a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage

or puncture);

- Incorrect mounting of the tire, tire/wheel imbalance or

improper repair;

- Misapplication, improper maintenance, racing, underinflation,

overinflation or other abuse;

Reply to
Greg

Greg did pass the time by typing:

Owtch! Glad you found the slice before getting on the highway. I had a set of tires do a good impersonation of someone blowing bubblegum.

Some places, Road Hazard is part of the warrenty. Usually it's from the tire store though. :/

Reply to
DougW

You didn't get lucky, the tire dealer is misrepresenting the failure to the manufacturer. You ought to buy a new tire.

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Reply to
Greg