CJ vs YJ tire carrier

Hi, can anyone tell me if the mounting hinges for the tire carrier are the same on a later model CJ7 (83) and a 95 YJ?

Would a jamboree rack (I believe that's what they're called. The enhanced rack to allow tire, gas/water cans, etc in place of the stock tire carrier) from a YJ fit on a later model CJ7?

Are they interchangable?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

No... the CJ tailgate of course, hinges down while the YJ hinges from the passenger side with the tire carrier attached. Whether you could make it work... I don't know. I doubt that it would fit the CJ OEM hinge points.

Reply to
JimG