Lugnut removal update

Hey guys, I never could find that lugnut removal socket at any of the auto parts stores around here, so I finally gave in and took it to Mr. Tire. An hour later, my bill was $97 for the removal of six rounded off lugnuts. Apparently the guy broke two sockets in the process. Oh well... I got it home and the good news is the brakes look fine, just some rust on the hubs where the wheels sat. New lugnuts are on all around - they're weird ricer ones that require a special tool that fits inside a socket. They were the only one piece Crap Zone had in stock. Whatever, they hold the wheel on fine, so I'll live. Thanks for the help, if I can ever find one of those sockets I'm definitely going to grab it just in case.

Reply to
The Merg

Thanks for the update, Glad to hear you got 'em off.

Reply to
Dave

No, not locks, they're kind of like a torx, except they have about 12 or

15 po>> New lugnuts are on all around - they're weird ricer ones that require a
Reply to
The Merg

Wheel locks?

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Thanks Earle, they're totally rice-tastic!

Earle Hort> I have gotten rounded off lug nuts to move, by pounding an impact socket on

Reply to
The Merg

I have gotten rounded off lug nuts to move, by pounding an impact socket on them. Congratulations on getting "kewl" lug nuts.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

"Tuner" lugnuts?

or spline lugnuts?
Both fairly ricealific if you ask me...

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Reply to
The Merg

Just to see how you'd like it, you could borrow this guy's TJ for a while:

Garth Almgren