Cooling fan Problem

I have a 95 dodge Intreped. The cooling fan will not turn on and the fuse is bad. I removed the colling fan and they both tested fine. I removed the high and low relays and the air conditioner relay also removed the 40 Amp fuse under the hood. After all this as soon as I turn the key with no fans or relays pluged in the 10 amp fuse pops. any ideas

Reply to
wittrock

Hmmm why not disconnect all on the circuit with..... a good fuse installed and the key on, plug in one component at a time until you the fuse pops???? Being careful of those 10 fingers if the fans do turn on.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I tried disconnecting some things and for no reason it started to work. I drove the car the next day and it ran fine for 1/2 the day then the check engine light came on again and I can tell it runs rough. I checked the codes and I get a 33, 35, 31, and a 32. I unpluged the EGR solenoid and the Canister purge solenoid The air conditioner and the fans. The 10 amp fuse will still blow. I found that if I unplug a connector on the passenger side by the firewall and fender. There is a group of connectors here when I unplug the one on the top left the fuse will not pop. The car will not start also. I had heard that the heating controlls can short out so I also disconected this all with the same results. Help Please any more Ideas

Reply to
wittrock via CarKB.com

I have no idea what connector you are referring too. This vehicle is to old and I dont have wire schematics. Make sure there are no wires touching the tie rods on the steering rack under the air intake (snokel) hose.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

This, I believe is "Engine Connector #2". (Black in color, with a White one under it?) If so, it contains wires for:

Idle Air Control Charge Air Temp Sensor (Flex-Fuel only I believe) Signal Reference (Sensor Ground)

5-Volt Output Throttle Position Sensor Map Sensor Engine Coolant Temp Sensor Camshaft Output Speed Signal (B+) 8-Volt Supply Alternator Feed Knock Sensor Signal (3.5L Only)

This is from the '94 Service manual... It can't be much different for the '95... Good luck with this one! Unplug all the listed sensors, and then plug back in one at a time, turning the ignition on after each one. The one that blows the fuse is likely the faulty one... If none do, or it blows even with all these unplugged, then I wish you luck!

Reply to
FeMaster

Reply to
wittrock via CarKB.com