Maint Reqrd light

Ive got a 93 YJ wrangler and the Maint Required light is on. Ive been told its because of the O2 sensor but its been changed and the computer has not been reset. I have a printout of the diag. codes and did the on, off, on, off, on thing with the ingnition and it gave no significant codes, so I know all is fine. How do you get the light to go out?? Ive disconnected the battery (for a long time, over night), I even took it to the local jeep dealer and they wanted to charge me

1/2hr (~ $50) labor charge just to hook it up the their computer and clear it, I know that might take 5 min. and thats if they have a problem. Any Ideas???

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich

The light is turned on at approx 82,500 miles to tell you it's time to replace the O2. Resetting the maintenance lamp mileage counter must be done with a DRB II. I hear some aftermarket scanners can do it, but I have no experience with them.

Or you can take the bulb out and throw it away.

Reply to
bllsht

The timer module is under the dash on the right side of the steering column under the cruise module if you have one. It can be unplugged.

Mike

Rich wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Will unplugging the timer module make the light go out???

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Yes.

Mike

Rich wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Not on a 93. It's part of the engine computer.

Reply to
bllsht

And then some people wonder why I like the old stuff...

So Chrysler decided you 'had' to spend money one way or the other eh.

Mike

bllsht wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

If you have the module, yes.

Someone who isn't particularly good with answers says you don't have one, that it is part of the computer now.

Mike

Rich wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Aw, it ain't that bad. Throwing the bulb away is free.

Reply to
bllsht

Is there anything else that is hooked to the light except the O2 sensor, shruly there is??? I really dont want to just toss the bulb incase someting else happens and it needs to tell me "Maintenance Required"

Rich.

Reply to
Rich

It's just a mileage timer.

Mike

Rich wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

The computer turns on the light at approx 82,500 miles to tell you to do emission system maintenance. It is just what it says it is, a maintenance reminder. It won't tell you if something has gone wrong. If you're going to ignore it anyway, what's the difference?

Reply to
bllsht