Making your tires sit out further?

Silly question... What modifications do i need to do to give my cj7 a wider wheel base and get the tires to sit out from the body a little? Simply longer axles? Thanks!

Reply to
1978CJDon

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Some people use spacers.....

Reply to
billy ray

Give this link a shot.

have other sizes too.Also, as a word of caution, keep in mind that when you change yourbackspacing like this you affect turning radius, bearing life, and yoursteering effort.

-Aaron

Reply to
Aaron

One of the good things I like about CJ's is they are narrow enough to run on most overgrown trails.

You can use rims with more back space, but be aware they can be illegal in a 'lot' of places because they can move the tire out past the fender flares. This causes debris and water to splash and can/will give you some nasty dings on the arm from flying rocks if you drive with your arm/elbow out the window.

You can get extended fender flares for this.

Also the wider and bigger you go, the faster things like wheel bearings and ball joints wear out.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain

check out this site all about wheels and tires >

DeerSkull