01 xj cd changer location

Hey all, looking for ideas on where to mount a cd changer in an 01 cherokee. Right now i'm thinking either under the drivers seat or under the rear seat. anyone with a cherokee got a changer and use either of these locations? any ideas or pics would be much appreciated. thanks jason

Reply to
Jason Halsey

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I am looking for locations for a cherokee. I guess the grand cherokee center console is alot bigger than the cherokees, as there is no way that i can fit a changer in mine. Anyone else got any ideas? thanks

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jason Halsey

modern changers are even smaller than the Pioneer I used. Plus I had to modify the center console by increasing the height by 2" and liberal use of a heatgun to expand the back a teeny bit.

There are multidisc in-dash players.

I'd suggest visiting a local stereo store that builds for competition audio. Always a good source of ideas.

Reply to
DougW

THing is, i've already got a changer that has served me well for several years. No sense spending more money on something i already have. It is what i would consider a regular size cd changer. havent seen any that were significantly smaller, much less small enough to fit in the console. thought about the in dash route, but couldnt find one that i liked that was din and a half. Pioneer seems to make a din and a half unit, that seems to be pretty nice, and it wil connect to my premier changer. Now i just need to find a place to mount the changer. Thanks for the reply, Doug. Jason

Reply to
Jason Halsey

The factory changer is mounted in the indentation on the right side of the interior just inside the tailgate.

Reply to
KByington