Move mirrors on 2005 Wrangler

I have a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with hard doors and top. I bought the plates to move the mirrors from the door to the pillar by the windshield. The problem is now the door hits the mirrors before the strap stops them. It will be a real pain to have to change this all back and forth every time we take the doors off. Is the answer shorter door straps? I tried just the plates with no mirror and they hit as well. When summer comes we are planning on having the doors off as much as weather permits. I must be missing something. I got these plates from Quadratec and all the other stuff I have got from them has worked great. Please help! Don

Reply to
Don Hamilton

I have a YJ but the best doors off solution I have ever seen is CJ style mirrrors.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I think you're looking for something like this:

But you don't really need those straps, you can just twist the existing ones around a couple of times to make them shorter

Reply to
97tjMike

Just twist the straps to shorten them. More twists = shorter straps.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Just twist the straps to shorten them. More twists = shorter straps.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Just twist the straps to shorten them. More twists = shorter straps.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

What?What?What?

My straps don't work. A screw broke and the strap won't stay on anymore. One day I'll get the broken stud out and replace it.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

My Suburban has something like this for the rear doors. It works really well. Sometimes you don't want to smash your neighbor's car with a heavy Suburban cargo door, and sometimes you do. ;^) Twisting the straps will make them weak.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thanks worked great! I did go ahead and order some adjustable ones to keep it simple plus less than $10 bucks why not. Don

Reply to
Don Hamilton

I kind of like the idea of twisting the straps to make them shorter. I could see myself doing this. It's not like they need to hold a heavy load, just stop the door in a wind. If the unlikely event that they begin to fray, replace them. I'd even make the replacements myself. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Why not take a sewing machine, and shorten them a bit? OR just make a shorter pair. Nylon strap would be about a dollar, it would take about two minutes.

Kate

Reply to
Kate