More clutch problems

I recently asked about a problem with a 1990 jeep yj that won't go into gear when it gets hot. We all agreed it was the slave cylinder. Now, after a new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, slave cylinder, and shim the flywheel, it still does it. This was all done by a reputable transmission place. The owner is at a loss of what to do. He says that he will next change the clutch master cylinder. Has anyone ever heard of problems with the clutch master cylinder line getting hot and breaking down. The hose or line runs next to the exhaust. Any ideas? Thanks Chuck

Reply to
chuck

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
RoyJ

I think replacing the master will do the trick too. Aaron

Reply to
Aaron

When my T-5 acted like that I had the wrong gear oil in it. The GL5 stuff or anything with any friction modifiers won't work.

I thought the internal slave comes with the master as a kit. When one side goes, so does the other. If the MC was bad, pumping it should make a difference.

Mike

Mike Romain

In addition, a bad master cylinder is likely to pump contaminants into your new slave. Bummer. Change it now and flush the system real good.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton