More Radiator Cap ...

Ok, Now that I have a nice shiny new radiator cap I still have leakage problems which upon closer inspection seems to be coming out from under the "plastic" top on the left side facing the jeep. Since it appears to be bolted/clamped together is it possible to reseal this sucker or is it time to get a real radiator?

Thanks anyway Earl...

Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

Joe Carroll did pass the time by typing:

I almost made that comment but hoped it was just the cap. :/

The answer is "possibly". The plastic ends are crimped on the radiator core and re-crimping hardly ever solves the problem. Some have had luck, others have had far worse leaks.

radiatorbarn.com has good prices on 2 and 3 core solid aluminum. Their reputation is stellar, never heard any thing bad about them in this group or others.

All depends on how much you tow or how hot the area is.

chryslerpartsdirect.com has the OEM radiator if you want to go that way.

Me, I'd go full welded aluminum.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks, Radiator Barn looks like a good/best deal...

Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

A 'real" radiator shop can fix that leak for you. They may well have to replace the gasket underneath and then re-crimp the top.

This is, of course, assuming the leak is not actually in the core. If that is the case they can fix that also.

Save yourself some cash by taking the radiator to them....

Reply to
billy ray