Moving soon.

Well, the day has finally come. I'm being transferred from San Diego to Newport Rhode Island. I'm going to miss offroading in this area. I do have a question.. Is there anyone from the New England area who can tell me where to go and any 4WD/Jeep clubs to contact.

Reply to
Richard Harris

L.W.(ßill)

Welcome to New England, Richard. Try these:

Newjo is more Northern New England, including myself. NEOW encompasses all of New England. We still have lots of areas that we can wheel, but the greenies are doing their best to shut it down, just like the rest of the country. It is important to join a club that organizes the runs and promotes responsible wheeling.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

Well, first off, Jeeping aside Newports a beautiful place. I must say, evenr though there are far fewer places to wheel I found many challenging trails in the Northern NJ area after searching the maps and old charts of the area. Much of it was on private land and we were able to get access by taking the land owners along for the fun. Unfotunately we lost a major area (Skylands Manor State Park) after some jerks got on some of the hiking trails in their rigs and tore the Hell out of the place. There was nothing we could do to keep it open, even offering to help repair all the damage and pay for maintenance.

Reply to
Jerry McG