rollover accident

This is why you should NEVER off road alone...

Reply to
The Commish

Or hike alone, or climb alone, or hunt alone, or go boating alone.

Heh, if you have to do these things, like I do, then at least be careful.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

"The skin, muscle and tissue in his left calf, from the knee to the ankle, was torn from his leg bones, which were completely exposed but not broken "

Ow.

Reply to
Jeepers

The lesson here is NEVER GO WHEELING ALONE.

My advise is to try and get at least two other Jeeps to go with you because

1 Jeep might not have been able to right the overturned vehicle using a winch or a strap. It is common that a Jeep can not recover another Jeep, it can take 2 Jeeps to recover 1.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Approximately 10/9/03 12:48, Jeepers uttered for posterity:

Sounds like he needs a bumper sticker:

"Its a Darwin thing, I don't understand"

Where is Minerville in Utah? Down near Hanksville or over a bit more east toward the lower Green River or those humongous canyons down between Green River and Hanksville?

Reply to
Lon Stowell

ROTFLMAO!!!! That's great... I wish I lived in California!

-- JimG

80' CJ-7, 258 CID 35" BFG MT's on 15x10 Centerlines 4.56 D30-D44 SOA D300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn 8000i w/dual batteries LockRight F&R
Reply to
JimG

I think that there is another lesson you are missing: WEAR A SEATBELT.

"when his Jeep rolled, pinning his left leg under a corner of the windshield and part of a roll bar"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont see how he could have gotten his leg under the windsheild and roll bar with a seatbelt on. That is unless he was driving (as some do) with one leg outside.

Reply to
jbjeep

i don't think he had it on either, and the jack must have been loose. I'm glad the guy got out, but I couldnt reach my jack, only the fire extinguisher.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:27:52 -0700, jbjeep shared the following:

heh heh That's what my wife said earlier when I relayed this story to her.

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

My sister's ex just had something similar... no belt on, rollover (minivan). His foot got outside, he lost all the toes on his left foot. Lucky to be alive... __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Sorry, I have to disagree. Ya, take a cellphone or flaregun or whatever, but whatever you do, don't live scared. Nick

Reply to
Nick N

I'll agree with the others, Nick.

Jerry

-- Jerry Bransford To email, remove 'me' from my email address KC6TAY, PP-ASEL See the Geezer Jeep at

Jerry Bransford

Reply to
4nik8OR

I will have to agree with Jerry!

I have flipped my CJ7 twice and both times I was solo with a passenger.

One time was a 1 hour walk to the camp we were at that is 25 miles from the nearest house and the other time was a 3 or 4 hour walk, 8 miles in

3' of snow, back to the same camp.

Both times, I couldn't expect anyone else on the same trail for 3 or 4 months for sure, maybe a snowmobiler might have wandered by in a few days, but....

If I had of been injured bad, I would have died.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

P.S. In the areas I wheel in, a cellphone is useless, a flare won't be seen by the people that aren't there, and a CB is hit or miss at best. CBs are usually only good for a few miles anyway. And if I'm laying in a ditch busted up and by myself, I will just consider myself history. Anyone who trusts a cellphone to save their ass when offroading somewhere besides the mall is terribly naive.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

No, I have a Jeepster Commando, the tools are WAY in the back inside my custom plywood trunk.

Reply to
Paul Calman